Saturday, May 3, 2008

You were right Johnny, you can't win no matter what you do!

I have been stuck in traffic- it took over TWO HOURS to go about 6 miles. It was excruciating. I could have run that far in less time, even given my current post-injury slowness.

There was no way out- no exits, no side roads, NOTHING.

I was hungry, I had to pee, NO ONE would answer when I called/texted to commiserate with. I was truly trapped in the twilight zone of traffic jams.

I found out later a 5-6 car wreck was the cause but when I finally got through, there was nothing there. It seemed like the world had shut down for no reason. Thank GOD I had just gotten gas or I would have run out for sure. I rarely have more than half a tank at any given time so that was truly a miracle.

My whole day is now shot to hell. All the things I was planning to do... I think I'll just take a nap.

No comments: